As a community bank, Carter Bank & Trust strives to provide products and services that help our customers live financially viable lives. Carter Bank & Trust access to $1 million in funding from the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta to offer a homeowner assistance funding opportunities to eligible families and individuals in our regions.
Make It HAPPEN
We’re committed to helping more families and individuals become homeowners in our area. That’s why we named this federal loan assistance program, Make it HAPPEN, “Homeowner Assistance Program Partnership Established Now.” Our $1 million grant will be distributed to eligible* homebuyers, who are:
- First-time Homebuyers
- Community Partners, who are employed in law enforcement, education, first responders (firefighting and other first responder agencies) and health care
- Veterans and spouses of veterans
- COVID-19 essential workers
Making an IMPACT
Our mortgage lending team made the decision to partner with the Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) of Atlanta to provide more opportunities for our customers to become homeowners. We believe homeownership is a great investment in an individual’s financial future and we would like to be a part of that future. A Federal Home Loan grant can help homebuyers cover closing costs or surprise expenses that can make or break a deal.
“We’re excited to become a bigger player in the mortgage market,” says John Gardner, loans operations director. “We want to provide competitive rates and this is a huge step to get this group of people in homes.”
Subsidies range from $7,500 – $10,000, depending on eligibility and can be paired with other FHLB of Atlanta products. The process is simple, with a screening process with a Carter Bank & Trust mortgage loan specialist and an online application. We’ll be accepting applications from now until the money runs out, so don’t waste any time!
To determine if you are eligible for any of the Make It HAPPEN funding opportunities, please contact one of our mortgage specialists, CBTCares.com/Mortgage.
Funding opportunities are available for a limited time and may be discontinued at anytime without notice.
*Other eligibility requirements for Affordable Housing Program (AHP) homeowner assistance products:
• Retention Period: Five years for all purchased products
• Income Eligibility: <= 80% of county area median income or the state median family income, adjusted for family size as published by HUD, whichever is higher
• Products are available in the United States and its territories
• This document is not a complete description of requirements of these products. Refer to Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s AHP Implementation Plan, www.fhlbatl.com