Our country has witnessed an outpouring of programs, legislation, and resources designed to support businesses and individuals in managing their finances throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As your lifetime financial partner, we’re focused on keeping you up to date on what options are available to keep you afloat.
Carter Bank & Trust COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 Resource Center – https://l.carterbankandtrust.com/covid-19/
- Businesses and individuals can stay up to date on bank hours, service updates, and relief programs
- Loan Relief Program – https://l.carterbankandtrust.com/covid-19/loan-relief-program/
- Designed to help our customers through a challenging time by reducing their short-term financial obligations.
- Carter Ca$h Savings Program – https://l.carterbankandtrust.com/carter-cash/
- Savings challenged designed to provide customers with opportunities to save additional money with cash giveaways
Resources for Individuals
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) – https://www.vec.virginia.gov/html/pua.html
- For individuals who are not eligible for regular/traditional unemployment insurance. These individuals may include those who are self-employed, independent contractors, gig economy workers, clergy and those working for religious organizations as well as others who may not be covered by the regular/traditional UI program.
- Virginia Workforce Connection (VAWC) – https://www.vawc.virginia.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx
- For individuals who need to apply for unemployment or seek other employment opportunities; for businesses continuing to hire for essential work
- Cover Virginia – Medicaid Program – https://coverva.org/covid19/
- Expanded coverage for those affected by unemployment or reduction of employment
- Unemployment Assistance (PUA, FPUC, PEUC) – https://des.nc.gov/need-help/covid-19-information/federal-unemployment-assistance
- Three different programs to provide additional unemployment support for individuals in need, based on their previous type of employment or use of other unemployment benefits. *Note the PUA program is not available until April 25, 2020.
Resources for Businesses
- Save Small Business Fund – https://www.savesmallbusiness.com/
- An initiative led by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with VistaPrint, is a grant-making initiative offering short-term relief for small employers in the United States and its territories to be dispersed as $5,000 grants.
- Employee Retention Tax Credit – https://www.uschamber.com/sites/default/files/uscc_covid19_employee-retention-tax-credit.pdf
- Private employers, including non-profits, carrying on a trade or business in 2020 that have had to stop or slow operations while maintaining employment
- Paycheck Protection Program – https://l.carterbankandtrust.com/covid-19/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2020/04/Paycheck-protection-program-checklist-2.pdf
- No longer accepting applications at this time. Please check back for updates when more funding is available.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan – https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/1504
- Assistance to small businesses or private, non-profit organizations that suffer substantial economic injury as a result of the declared disaster, regardless of whether the applicant sustained physical damage.
- Northern VA – Rapid Response COVID-19 Business Support Grants – https://vcwnorthern.com/covid19-rapid-response/
- No longer accepting applications at this time
- Spotsylvania – Rapid Response Funding
- Rapid Recovery Relief Loan – https://ncrapidrecovery.org/
- An innovative recovery-lending program to help support entrepreneurs like you and stabilize North Carolina’s small business sector.
We’re Here to Help
The Carter CARES Task Force and the entire Carter Bank & Trust family is working diligently to provide continued updates and support to small businesses, individuals, and communities.
If you are in need or have questions about how we can help, please visit our COVID-19 Resource Center to explore more ways you can find relief during this difficult time.